Angela Dollar (left) and Jean-Claire Hester (right) were guests on today’s Growing Gray in Georgia podcast. Jean-Claire and Angela are both Care Coordinators at CCSP – Region 1 which serves Northwest Georgia. On this podcast we discuss what is CCSP, how it helps folks in our community to stay in their homes and either avoid or transition away from nursing homes so they can continue to live in their communities. This is a tremendous resource for individuals who need care and meet the criteria.
In addition Angela spoke about the upcoming Alzheimer’s Walk in Rome this weekend as well as a promotion that Chili’s is running today that benefits the Alzhemier’s Association. You can find more information about her team at http://bndfr.com/4sPcc
What is CCSP?
- A home and community-based services program that assists eligible individuals to remain in their homes and communities; an alternative to nursing home or long-term care placement.
- Must meet nursing home level of care
- Have an unmet need for care
- Must meet income and resource requirements; cost-share may apply
- Other criteria may also be considered
How to Be Considered for CCSP?
- Contact the Area Agency on Aging at 1-866-552-4464 (option 2)
- The Area Agency on Aging screening does not guarantee services with CCSP
- If eligible, a CCSP RN will meet with you face-to-face to develop an individualized plan of care
- NOTE: A cost-share may apply & is determined by the Department of Family & Children Services (DFACS) based on income. An estimated cost-share will be provided at initial screening.
CCSP is a Medicaid waiver program, subject to Georgia’s Estate Recovery mandate, and is administered by the Division of Aging Services, a Division of the Department of Human Services.
NOTE: Waiting lists may apply; private-pay options available immediately
Services CCSP offers are:
- Adult Day Health: Care & supervision during the day, social services, nursing, services, and therapy services may be provided.
- Alternative Living Services: An alternative residence, such as a Personal Care Home, for those unable to live independently in their own home.
- Emergency Response Services: An in-home electronic two-way communication system for emergency help, operating 24 hours a day, seven-day s a week.
- Personal Support Services: May include personal care & hygiene, meal preparation, light housekeeping, necessary errands, and/or in-home respite care.
- Out-of-Home Respite Care: Temporary relief for the primary caregiver, in an approved facility with 24-hour supervision.
- Home Delivered Meals: Nutritionally balanced meals delivered to the home, which may be frozen, hot, and/or shelf stable.
- Other services may be available as determined in coordination with a Care Manager and your Doctor.
For more information check out www.nwgrc.org
**Description of CCSP program taken from Area Agency on Aging brochure